Benefits To Work
Education ----> Empowerment ----> Employment
Our Mission Statement:
To promote self-sufficiency for individuals with disabilities by alleviating significant obstacles faced when going to work including concern about healthcare coverage and others benefits. Our experts have years of experience with Social Security employment supports such as Ticket to Work and will provide in-depth analyses of benefits and guidance. We equip those we serve with tools to make informed decisions about their financial circumstances and courage to pursue career goals.
If you are hesitant about pursuing work goals because of concerns about your benefits, Benefits to Work can help at absolutely no charge to you!
- Are you currently getting benefits and interested in returning to work?
- Do you often wonder if you return to work what will happen to your benefits such as:
Veterans benefits, and/or others
Benefits to Work, a program of Tennessee Disability Coalition and the Center for Independent Living of Middle Tennessee (CIL-MT) can help you find the answers. Our counselors are conveniently located in a town near you.
- We will review your current situation with you
- We will help you target your goal(s)
- We will educate you so you can make informed career development decisions
- We can help you write a plan to provide an overview of your specific circumstances, the potential impact of working, and available options
- To enhance awareness and understanding of the SSA’s work incentives.
- To provide an understanding of the impact of work on all benefits.
- To assist individuals make informed choices regarding work.
- To promote employment & enhance economic self-sufficiency.
Training and Educational Services:
- Benefits to Work collaborates with other organizations that provide services to individuals with disabilities to perform community outreach and education.
- Our Experts educate about Ticket to Work and/or other work incentives.
To be eligible for services from Benefits to Work, you must be:
- Between the ages of 14 and retirement;
- Working or interested in working; and
- An individual who is already receiving Social Security disability benefits.
For more information contact:
Alice Owens Gatlin, Program Director
Toll Free: 1 (888) 839-5333