Family Voices of Tennessee
Parents, Family members, Advocates, and Professionals are all served by FVTN. FVTN operates Tennessee's Family-to-Family Health Information Center for families who have children with special health care needs: disability, chronic illness, physical or mental health conditions.
This program is a partnership with the TN Department of Health (Title V, Children’s Special Services), Vanderbilt University, TN Voices for Children, and other agencies.
Family Voices Funding
The Tennessee Affordable Care Act Family-to-Family Health Information Center is funded by a grant from the US Department of Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau (Project # H84MC00004-09-00). For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please go to Family Voices Links in the upper left column of this page.
Operated by and for families in our state:
- To assist families as they navigate public and private health systems and insurance plans (including TennCare and commercial plans)
- To educate families about how to access services and resources for their children and how to work with health providers
- To listen to families as they describe their encounters with health systems and help guide them to possible solutions
- To work with families, health care providers, public and private agencies, and advocacy or support groups to promote family-centered care and medical homes for children with special health care needs
- To promote discussion and linkages among families, providers, managed care programs, and government to better serve the health care and related needs of children and families in Tennessee
Toll-free family line: 1-888-643-7811
Family Voices of Tennessee Activities
- Educating families and professionals about quality programs and best practices for children with special health care needs
- Assisting families to navigate health care and related service systems and avoid or overcome barriers to care for their children
- Training families to be the best possible advocates for their children´s health and training professionals to work with families
- Supporting families to have a voice in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of health policies and programs for children and families
- Working with professionals and families to improve children´s health policies and programs in ways that are helpful to families
- Promoting family-centered care, family/professional partnerships, and Medical Homes for children with special health care needs
- Helping document family needs and family stories as a basis for policy planning and service implementation
- Outreach to families and professionals to raise awareness for children´s health issues and build the network of Family Voices
Join the Family Voices Tennessee Network...It’s FREE
If you are seeking assistance or would like more information about Family Voices or our Newborn Hearing Program, then please drop us a line and tell us a little about your family.
Write to email@example.com
THANK YOU! We promise to respect the confidentiality of the information you shared with us.
For additional information or assistance, please contact:
Family Voices of Tennessee
c/o Tennessee Disability Coalition
955 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206
Phone: 615-383-9442; ext. 13
In-state toll-free number for families: 1-888-643-7811